A demo of Generating Google Tiles With mapserver

Schuyler Erle schuyler at NOCAT.NET
Sat May 7 13:33:51 EDT 2005

Jon,

One thing I noticed is that at certain scales your map tiles appear
to overlap somewhat. I had this problem with my first essays at this
when Google Maps came out. I suspected at the time that it was because
my map was unprojected - what are your tiles projected in?

I have been working on an Ajax front-end with a Python MapScript
backend.

    http://geocoder.us/surfer/docs/

I will be releasing this the source code to this very shortly. Adding
tiling is on my to-do list (as is drag-to-pan). Recommendations and
tips are welcome.

SDE