Position an image on a map at a lat/lon coordinate

Andrea Edwards andrea.edwards at NULC.AC.UK
Mon May 9 08:25:40 EDT 2005

Hello

I am very new to mapserver and I am struggling to get to grips with it.

I have managed to create a map that I can pan and zoom which is a start.

Now I need to be able to position a graphic on the map at a specific
lat/lon coordinate.

Please can you tell me how I go about doing this. I have tried to find
examples that do this but with no success.

Can I do this using the basic features of mapserver or do I need to use
mapscript to do this?

Thanks very much in advance for your help
Andrea