Position an image on a map at a lat/lon coordinate

Mon May 9 08:56:09 EDT 2005

Andrea,

Start by looking for examples of placing a points on maps. There has
been a lot of discussion on how to create a virtual data source like
mysql and to draw points on the map.

Some people have then used image maps of these points and DHTML to popup
images when the mouse rolls over the point.

Alternatively, you can create symbols out of you image files, and place
them on the map using the same technique as place the points above.

You will probably want to create a template layer in your mapfile, then
use mapscript or cgi parameters to set the location in lat/long and the
symbol image path.

-Steve W.