PostGIS pre-instalation considerations (was MyGIS and WFS)

Stefanie Weykam sweykam at TELELINE.ES
Tue May 10 03:27:10 EDT 2005

Thanks, Frank, Bart and Arnulf!

Sounds convincing, I think I will give PostGIS a try.
But - how am I going to explain this to the data providers?! Are there
possibilities to build a bridge between Access and PostgreSQL?
I am afraid, the workload of putting it all together has to be done by many
volunteers (who are not necessarily used to work with relational databases).
So we thought it was a good idea to have Access in between. Additionally,
the data will also be updated quite frequently.
Any suggestion on how to make things easy for these people (without doing it
all myself for the next few years)??

Perhaps somebody on this list has solved a similar situation? Should be
quite common, I guess.

Stefanie