Image transparency via SWIG API

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon May 16 16:02:35 EDT 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Rick Innis wrote:

> I'm writing an application which loads a point layer from a Postgis
> table and displays little flag icons at the relevant points.
>
> I haven't been able to work out how to get MapServer to respect the
> transparency of the images. The flags appear surrounded by a white
> square.
>
> If I load the same layer via a mapfile, everything works fine - the
> images are displayed without the white square.
>
> Would appreciate any insight anyone has on what might be going on.
>
> FWIW, I'm working with MapServer 4.4.1, Postgres 8.0.1, PostGIS RC6,
> and the Java API bindings.
>
> Thanks,
>
>         --Rick.

Rick, you say everything works fine when you load the same layer via a
mapfile ... so why not do that?  I'm going to need more details on your
use before I can be of any help such as how you are styling and
rendering the points, and perhaps the relevant portion of the mapfile
that works.

cheers,
Sean

--