International text characters

Janeks Kamerovskis janeks.kamerovskis at SILVA.LV
Tue May 17 09:35:01 EDT 2005

I faced with similar problems in Latvian, when using shape files.
I had problem to show right language specific simbols in labels on map.
The problem for Latvian language is that there is multiple encodings.
I solved that problem by using an older RimFonts, that have different
encoding.
And I did it just by dummy testing, because I know that something similar
happens
with ArcView 3.x

Probably some light could ge Googling for Font encoding on mapserver site.

But regarding language specific things, there are just few lines in docs.

Would be good to see some where what mapserver is doing when are outputing
on
picture string that f.ex is in LatinX.

Janeks