Problem with Graticule and polar stereographic projection

Steve Roberts sroberts at UCAR.EDU
Wed May 18 19:44:31 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am having problems with using a graticule on a polar stereographic
projection. When the map is centered near the north pole all the lat/lon
lines disappear from the center of the image. You can find an example at:

http://www.joss.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/catalog/mapserv?mode=map&layer=GRID&map=/web/catalog/bug/grid_test.map

I'm also seeing spurious straight line segments that parallel the latitude
lines. This site is using mapserver-4.2.3 on SunOS 5.9 sparc SUNW,Ultra-6.
However I see the same problem with mapserver-4.4.2 on linux Mandrake 10.1.
Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Below is the
sample grid_test.map file.

Thanks,
Steve

--------------begin grid_test.map---------------------------------