OGR connection for LINUX

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 23 10:32:38 EDT 2005

On 5/23/05, joÿffffffffffe3o Antunes <bluetuna_goes_skying at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello frank,
>
> I am still fighting to have mysql support using OGR..
>
> the "funny" thing is that each time I run
>
> ogrinfo -ro -al -so
> 'MYSQL:database=abruzzo,tablename=zzz,user=arit,password=arit,host=localhost,port:3306'
>
> I get this message:
>
> Warning 1: 'tablename=zzz' in MYSQL datasource
> definition not recognised and ignored.
> Warning 1: 'port:3306' in MYSQL datasource definition
> not recognised and ignored.

Joao,

I see the documentation was wrong.  The table name list parameter
is actually tables=, not tablename=.  I have corrected the docs online.

Also, your port specifier should be port=n, not port:n.

And finally you don't use database=, just make the database name
the first argument.  Try instead something like:

ogrinfo -ro -al -so
'MYSQL:abruzzo,tables=zzz,user=arit,password=arit,host=localhost,port=3306'

Good luck,