Cleaning the /tmp directory

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 24 12:48:06 EDT 2005

James,
 I use the method you mentioned, 'MODE=MAP', to generate snapshots for query
results. It works great to highlight each individual item returned by a map
query, placed next each item's attributes.
 However, Since mapserver 4 and later have come out, often the images fail
despite the log statement of 'normal execution'.
 I have simplified the maps as much as possible, and I'm sure that its not a
lingering syntax difference between 3.6 (where it worked great) and 4 or
later. The failures are not consistant either. Why they don't either all
work or all fail, or at least all the same features queried fail
consistantly? I have no idea.
 So I'm leary about suggesting people use MODE=MAP for all their maps just
to keep their temp folder's empty, especially when a simple .bat file can be
used to empty them regularly.
 Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC