Assign color definition to ESRI Binary GRID files

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at MUENCHEN.DE
Wed May 25 08:32:13 EDT 2005

Hello List,
I was trying to get my ESRI Binary GRID files on the mapserver. It
worked fine somehow, as I was able to assign color definitions to the
mapfile by adding this to the mapfile
"CLASSITEM "[pixel]"
                CLASS
                        EXPRESSION ([pixel]< 10)
                        COLOR 200 0 220
                END"

However, I wonder, if this is the best way to do it. My problem is that
I do have color definitions in ArcView (avl-legend), but I do not know
how to put this information directly into the mapfile - is there a way
to do it (something like a color lookup table)?

Thanks again.

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Qual