joining shp and dbase files

Emil Zegers taatuut at PLANET.NL
Thu May 26 07:42:45 EDT 2005

Hello Alberto,

You could try switching to absolute path names.

If your dbf is located at C:/inetpub/wwwroot/project/data/myfile.dbf

Then instead of:

"/inetpub/wwwroot/project/data/myfile.dbf"

in the DATA parameter use:

"C:/inetpub/wwwroot/project/data/myfile.dbf"

Similair if the file is located at Z:/geodata/dbase/myfile.dbf

in the DATA parameter use:

"Z:/geodata/dbase/myfile.dbf"

UNC paths also works so if your Z: disk is a mapping to a machine called
alberto then use

"\\alberto\geodata\dbase\myfile.dbf"

Make sure the Windows user has appropriate rights to access the disk or
share and don't forget that Windows IIS uses the IUSR on default.

The IUSR account is a local machine account so it can only access local
files and not mapped drives or other servers.

So if you want to access data on other servers you need to switch to use a
domain user in IIS (best is to create a new user or group for this purpose).

Accessing other drives/servers may work if you use integrated security in
addition to anonymous access on IIS but this is only so if your (domain)
accoutn has sufficient rights. Everybody from outside (not a domain user)
will not be able to access that data. This can be confusing when testing
your setup.

Regards,

Emil