RAM vs Performance, how much is more than enough?

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 30 14:22:21 EDT 2005

I have seen mapserver 4.4 and 4.6b2 use all the ram available (upto the 2GB
in our server) ... then timeout.
 ... However I'm sure its a bug issue, not really a RAM / Performance issue.
 It happens when I have a polyline layer turned on, and all other layers
turned off, but it works fine if any other layer is turned on with that
polyline layer. The polyine layer is in PostGIS, but the same problem occurs
using a shapefile of the same data.
 Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC