WMS Server get into ArcExplorer 4.0.1 - English

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Tue May 31 11:32:38 EDT 2005

What do you get when you type into your browser the getcapabilities URL
for your server? You should get XML back or an error.

Did you try that?

-e

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Leopold Schefcik (MULTIMEDIAPLAN.AT)
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:32 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WMS Server get into ArcExplorer 4.0.1 -
English

once again in English:

Hello Liste,

I have installed ArcExplorer 4.0.1 with an Extention to geht a WMS
into..

but I get after this formular:

---------
Service Name:
---------

the message "Invalid Capabilities File. Check Server Url."

What do I have to put into Service Name?

Or is there a mistake at my Urls?
(http://demo.intevation.de/cgi/frida-wms?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE
=WMS
&VERSION=1.1.1
bzw.
http://deegree.centropemap.multimediaplan.kosnet.com/deegree2/wms/wms?SE
RVIC
E=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities)

With this url the PC shows me the legend, but no map!?!?
http://wms.ccgis.de/umn/bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/umn/germany.map&

Maybe someone can help. Thx a lot! - Leopold