WMS Server get into ArcExplorer 4.0.1 - English

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Tue May 31 12:35:01 EDT 2005

Leopold,

  For some reason your web server is not passing through the "content-type"
of the xml data returned by mapserver.

  For trouble-shooting a URL, I try the WMS url (with VERSION and
REQUEST=GetCapabilities) in Internet Explorer.  If IE shows well-formatted
XML then there's nothing wrong with the data transfer.  In your case, IE
wants to save the data as a file, indicating it doesn't know what format the
data is in (and most other user-agents such as ArcExplorer will have similar
problems).

  I tried your URL in CadCorp's SIS MapBrowser
(http://www.cadcorp.com/products_geographical_information_systems/map_browse
r.htm), and it worked fine.  It must be a lot more tolerant of
"content-type" problems than most WMS clients.

  I saved the data returned from your URL as a file.  It looks like valid
GetCapabilities XML, so I would guess the problem is with your web server
(or any ASP, PHP, etc you've got between the server and the client).

Brent Fraser