MapServer 4.6.0-beta3 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue May 31 14:32:04 EDT 2005

Ken Lord wrote:
> I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but the move from 4.6beta2
> to 4.6beta3 has disabled the use of the parameter "TRANSPARENT ON/OFF"
> within OUTPUTFORMAT.

Well, setting TRANSPARENT ON/OFF (or TRUE/FALSE) in an OUTPUTFORMAT
block in the mapfile works for me with 4.6beta3, and the resulting image
has the right transparency (I used GIF for my tests).

What happens or doesn't happen exactly for you? Is it that you get a
mapfile parsing error, or simply that transparency appears to not be
working but you get no error message? Are you sure it's not something
else that changes in your test environment (or a broken build)? Perhaps
you could file a bug if you are able to include a simple testcase to
reproduce.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca