labelcache_map_edge_buffer Information?

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Nov 3 10:52:56 EST 2005

Chris,

  The  labelcache_map_edge_buffer metadata applies on all text rendered
by maserver (nothing to do with WMS AFAIK). Check Bug 1353 and 1355 on
this issue.  Setting it in your map file is like you said a metadata at
map level labelcache_map_edge_buffer with the buffer in pixel that ou
want (note that the buffer value should be negatif). Or mapscript

  $oMap->setMetadata("labelcache_map_edge_buffer", -$my_buffer);

Later,

Christopher R. Thorne wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> In 4.6 version I have read on the KaMap mailing list that there is a
> feature to add a edge label buffer to your maps.
>
> But what I read seems to deal with this issue within the context of WMS.
> By adding a METADATA tag with labelcache_map_edge_buffer to the WEB Object.
>
> I would like to implement this, but not in a WMS environment.
>
> I would like some more explanation on how I can add this to my mapfiles
> and if there is more steps that require modification of an application I
> would be very happy if you could point me in the right direction on this
> issue.
>
> Chris

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst