PHP 5.1 and MapScript

Peter Bayley peterb at HOMER.COM.AU
Fri Nov 4 08:55:06 EST 2005

Has anyone out there successfully compiled and run MapScript (4.6.1)
under PHP 5.1?

I have no problems with PHP 5.0.5 but I'm getting a library load error
when I try and run under 5.1:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup:
Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20041031/php_mapscript.so'
-
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20041031/php_mapscript.so:
undefined symbol: __bb_init_func in Unknown on line 0

Can anyone point me to where this might be going wrong - perhaps a
change in the PHP Extensions API - I've looked but can't see anything
obvious.
It's a Basic Block init functions from libc so it looks like somethign
pretty basic is not set up right

Regards

Peter