google maps projection

John Hagstrand john.hagstrand at INTERAGERESEARCH.COM
Mon Nov 7 02:17:14 EST 2005

Hi Chip,

You asked me this question a couple weeks ago, and I am just now answering you.

>Ok, you have piqued my interest!  Had to go out and look at Google's map
>API.  Way cool stuff.  Anyway, how do you overlay a Mapserver map on top of
>a Google map?

I create two position:absolute divs, one on top of the other.  I put Google
in the lower one, and mapserv with mode=map on top.  The Google API gives me
a callback whenever the map changes, and allows me to query the coordinates
of the new map, so I can pass those to the MapServer call.

Here is my application.  MapServer is invoked when you zoom out so more than
1000 properties are drawn, and also when you do "Find City".
www.dev.mapteam.com/demo

Thanks for asking.
John