ROAD, STREET, BUILDING NAMES DOES'NT APPEAR.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Nov 7 08:30:00 EST 2005

On 11/7/05, Jack Ling <fly2moon2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  For the text labels, they are represented using the LABEL function like
> below and these are the ones NOT SHOWN:
>
>  OGRFeature(elements):535
>    Type (Integer) = 17
>    Level (Integer) = 11
>    GraphicGroup (Integer) = 0
>    ColorIndex (Integer) = 0
>    Weight (Integer) = 0
>    Style (Integer) = 0
>    EntityNum (Integer) = (null)
>    MSLink (Integer) = (null)
>    Text (String) = Convention and Exhibition Centre
>    Style = LABEL(t:"Convention and Exhibition Centre",c:#ffffff,s:1.800g)
>    POINT (835848.10800000001 816023.95000000007 0)
>
>  It is a steep learning curve for me to understand MapServer and the
> elements behind. Hope someone can point out what should I do to make the
> ROAD, BUILDING NAME labels appear correctly.

Jack,

I *think* the most common reason autostyling text from OGR fails in
mapserver is forgetting to map the "default" font in your fontlist.txt file.
This is the font name used when the LABEL tool does not include
an explicit font name, as in this case.

Hopefully this will help.

Best regards,