A little help please

Richard Orth - osmoGIS Incorporated rco at OSMOGIS.COM
Mon Nov 7 23:29:50 EST 2005

An initialization string must come from somewhere. It tells the service
where to start, which map file to use, layers to start with, etc. For
auto-starting your map service you have at least two options.
1. A javascript redirector. just place the following code in its own file:
<pre>
<head>
<title>Welcome to ...</title>
function DoMe() {
document.location = "/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?" +
"zoomsize=2&layer=tidestations&layer=countries&layer=states&map=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mapdocs\tester.map";
}
</script>
</head>
<h1>One moment please...<br>Page Loading</h1>
</pre>

2. An HTML only solution. Just change the width and height values to fit
your service.
<head>
<title>Welcome to ...</title>
</head>
<iframe width=600 height=400
src="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?zoomsize=2&layer=tidestations&layer=countries&layer=states&map=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mapdocs\tester.map"></iframe>
</pre>
Hope this helps

Richard C Orth