How to create dynamic map files for p.mapper / GDV / or other client

Martin Hoegh mh at SVAJ.DK
Tue Nov 8 06:44:32 EST 2005

Hi,
I'm not familiar with p.mapper or gdv. But I've developed my own client
which I believe can do what you want.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/appformap

AppForMap use php/mapscript and normally initiates a map object from a
static map file with this method:

function setMapfile() // operation in mapscript class
{
 $this -> map = ms_newMapObj($this -> mapfileUrl);
}

If you've initiated a dynamically created map object with your own script I
believe you can do this:

function setMapfile()
{
 $this -> map = $your_map_object;
}

and the client will render the map. AppForMap comes with different mapscript
wrappers for setting filters, creating classes etc. dymamically during a
session and its easy to write new ones.

/martin