How to compile MapServer (with ArcSDE)?

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue Nov 8 08:26:05 EST 2005

See:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc46/win32_compile-howto.html

The MS4W binaries don't have ArcSDE support.

The Hobu kitchen sink binaries should have them:

http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "Davelaar, Hilbert" <Hilbert.Davelaar at WUR.NL> 8-11-2005 14:11 >>>
Hi list,

I have MapServer running and until now I only used shapefiles as input. Now I want to make a connection with ArcSDE. The MapServerWiki: MapServerSDE (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapServerSDE) tells me:

How to make a connection to SDE:

1.	Install the SDE C API client libraries for your platform (preferably matched to the server version you are using, ie 8.2 client -> 8.2 server, 8.3 client -> 8.3 server)
2.	Compile MapServer with SDE support (see http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/unix-install-howto.html for specific details)
3.	Define a LAYER block in a MapFile that uses SDE as the CONNECTIONTYPE

I don't know how to perform step 2. I have MapServer running by simply using the MS4W installer but don't know how to compile. Can someone offer me somehelp? Is it possible to enable SDE support with this MS4W-install of MapServer?

Kind regards,

Hilbert Davelaar