POINTS data appearing only at large scales

Wed Nov 9 12:14:33 EST 2005

Holger Dürer wrote:
> I thought I had understood the basic principles of mapserver but now I
> am completely lost and I don't seem to come up with suitable search
> queries for the archive to see if others have had this problem before.
>
> I have a simple shape file with points (state capitals).
> The LAYER is quite simple, STATUS default, a NAME, TYPE points, DATA
> ..., a CLASS with a STYLE ... that's it.
>
> The layer will only render the points at a very large scale, once I zoom
> in past a certain value they disappear completly. Note that I did not
> add any MAXSCALE to my CLASS...
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
> Thanks,
>    Holger

It would be helpful if you could post your mapfile. If it has lots of
stuff in it you might want to remove all the layers except the POINT
layer. This works fine on dozens of mapfiles I have so it is probably
some other issue in the mapfile.

-Steve W