So I changed from v4.1 to v4.6 and I get a CCGI error...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 10 20:18:30 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:
> The error:
> loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.
>
> I suspect something in the mapfile, but I don't know what.  Is it
> something someone can suggest without me including the whole bloody
> mapfile, or do I need to expose the world to my mapfile?

Gerry,

In traditional CGI mode you need to indicate the map
file to be used in the URL (or via an environment variable).
Presumably you don't in this case.

Something like:
  http://gdal.velocet.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2Fu%2Fwww%2Fraster_demo%2Fdemo.map&zoomsize=2&qlayer=raster_l

Best regards,