timing map requests

Simpson asimpson at I-55.COM
Fri Nov 11 08:24:20 EST 2005

shp2img on the command line combined with the time command in unix/linux
will do what you want without other time contributing factors, like Web
server and network.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Xin
  Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 4:39 AM
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] timing map requests

  Hi,

  I'm optimising a map at the moment as it takes a while to load.  I thought
it would be great having an objective number telling me how long a map took
to process, rather than just me feeling how the speed has changed.  I had a
good look around in template reference and past posts and wasn't able to
find anything.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?  I'm using MapServer
CGI so would prefer a non-php way, perhaps javascript.  I might use php if
need to.

  Really appreciate any input.

  Cheers,
  Xin