UK Reference sites

Norman Barker nbarker at RSINC.COM
Tue Nov 15 08:01:34 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu]On Behalf Of Mike Saunt
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:51 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] UK Reference sites

Hi all

I was wondering if there were any reference sites of MapServer being used in the UK?

Many Thanks
Mike
[Norman Barker]

Hi Mike,

there a lot of UK Mapserver sites, we recently held a UK MapServer user group in Edinburgh with Steve Lime.  The event was only attended by a few people but it did flush out the UK users who would have liked to have come but couldn't make the trip up.

RSI UK use MapServer a lot and are writing clients in IDL and ENVI to access OGC servers.  I can't name the other companies without their permission, but there are about 20 groups in the UK using it on a daily basis.

The Web Coverage Service implementation in MapServer seems to be popular in the UK!

If you email me with your requirements (off list) I will try to put you in contact with people in the UK who may be doing something similar.

Norman