ECW on mapserver4.6

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Nov 18 09:22:18 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, almudena rueda <almudenarueda at inicia.es> wrote:
> Hello Frank
> I've been doing some test on my ecw data and i've notice that the problem (i
> think) is the gdal library. It works well if i just use a frew ecw files
> with a size of aprox. 5 mb, but when i try to view all my ecw files (i have
> 8) it crashes.
> here is the crash (debug with microsoft c++ compiler):
> Unhandled exception in php.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xc0000005 Access violation
> and the stack:
> NTDLL! 77f430fd()
> GDAL13! 011d8260()
> GDAL13! 00fbd3b2()
> GDAL13! 00f1e90f()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00bf5329()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00bebd2e()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00bea870()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00be9a92()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00c04426()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00c04894()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00baa5cc()
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT_46! 00b99508()
> PHP4TS! 100e4147()
> I've made a .map file with one of my ecw files that is load 8 times so, if
> you don't mind, you can take a look on it.

Almudena,

I tried this with the FWTools linux version of mapserver and
was able to render it fine.  However, loading and browsing
the file in OpenEV resulted in a crash in the ECW library
after a partial load.

I tried rendering it with the FWTools windows version with
no problem.  Loading and browsing in OpenEV also worked
fine.

I presume you are using binaries from DM Solutions?  It may
be that they need to upgrade to more recent ECW (and/or GDAL?)
libraries to get around this problem.   I'm sorry I can't provide
anything more concrete.

Best regards,