can MapServer run on multiple cpu machines?

Xin crazygecko at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 21 11:06:57 EST 2005

James,

Thanks for the reply.

I see what you're saying. Having multiple instances of MapServer taking
advantage of multiple CPUs is great, just what I'm looking for. Will this be
done automatically? That is to say, will new MapServer instances
automatically use other CPUs, or does it require manual setup. Perhaps
Apache 2.0's multithreading abilities will handle this.

Thanks,
 Xin