Line Labels (multiple Labels)

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Mon Nov 21 16:24:55 EST 2005

All,

I think I saw something like this being asked a few months back, but
haven't found it in a search.

I need to be able to label a line at both ends and on both sides.   Are
there some techniques to use in MapServer for this?   I can generate the
point locations from other software for the labels, but the dataset
changes quite frequently and I woulds like to pursue an automated method
if possible.

What I'm trying to label is a Street Centerline with the address ranges
on both ends, we also have a right/left distinction at both ends so that
I would need a label on each side of the line as well.  Needless to say
the labels would need to align with the line segment as well rotationally

 Even a search keyword would help if someone knows of something in the
archives.

Thanks for any info.

bobb