problem about GML3 Level 0

Taka Wong taka_www at SINAMAN.COM
Fri Nov 25 04:39:02 EST 2005

Hi,

I am now trying to read GML 3 by ogr, these GML3 files were generated by
MapXtreme WFS. Ive found that ogr cannot read these file. Then I have also
try to generated these files into GML2 and these files can be read
successfully. As I remember, ogr can somehow support reading GML3 Lv0 by
reading the xsd schema file. However, I dont know the standard. Does it
mean if I have a proper xsd file, I can use ogr to read GML 3 file
eventually?

I have read about the source code (parsexsd.cpp) of OGR, I knew that ogr
would know the structure of each feature by reading xsd. But I am sorry
that I cant trace that how does it help on reading GML3 files, or even GML2.

If that is possible, may I have a set of xsd file and GML file which is
claimed as GML3 Lv0? and also may I have the standard of GML3 Lv0?? since I
cannot find the reference.

Thank you very much

Regards
Taka