problem about GML3 Level 0

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Nov 25 09:24:12 EST 2005

On 11/25/05, Taka Wong <taka_www at sinaman.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am now trying to read GML 3 by ogr, these GML3 files were generated by
> MapXtreme WFS. Ive found that ogr cannot read these file. Then I have also
> try to generated these files into GML2 and these files can be read
> successfully. As I remember, ogr can somehow support reading GML3 Lv0 by
> reading the xsd schema file. However, I dont know the standard. Does it
> mean if I have a proper xsd file, I can use ogr to read GML 3 file
> eventually?
>
> I have read about the source code (parsexsd.cpp) of OGR, I knew that ogr
> would know the structure of each feature by reading xsd. But I am sorry
> that I cant trace that how does it help on reading GML3 files, or even GML2.
>
> If that is possible, may I have a set of xsd file and GML file which is
> claimed as GML3 Lv0? and also may I have the standard of GML3 Lv0?? since I
> cannot find the reference.

Taka,

OGR hasn't been properly tested on "real" GML3L0 files
and there may well be lots of GML3 constructs that are legal
but not recognised by OGR.  Could you submit a bug report
with the files in question in the OGR bugzilla?  I can't promise
to fix it quickly, but I hope to eventually.

  http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GDAL&component=OGR_SF

Best regards,