Templates using lat lon

Norman Barker nbarker at RSINC.COM
Fri Nov 25 11:05:08 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using a very simple template file (all it does is show the image dynamically). However I am specifying the Map Object in the map file with lat lon extents, setting the log and debug options on the web object show that the wrong extents are being called by the client which is using   <input type="hidden" name="imgext" value="[mapext]">
  <input type="hidden" name="imgxy" value="370 301">

Is it a requirement for the map extents to be specified in a projected coordinate system?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks,

Norman