swf flash output

Flo pianosnake at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 27 23:50:07 EST 2005

Hello,
I was wondering if there's a way to take out the "getURL"  which gets
placed in the main swf file produced by mapserver when requesting the
"OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"  format option.  The getURL is there to enable
the small swf movie to load swf movies for each of the layers.  I'm
designing a container application  for the swf output and the getURL
from the main swf file are a pain to deal with.  Ideally they should
be left out altogether and it should be up to  the flash container,
which has read the variables in the main swf file, to call the map
layers.
The container is usually in _level0 of the Flash player and the getURL
calls  place the map layers in _level1, _level2  etc...  which are on
top of the container.   The container then has to have extra code to
get rid of the _level1, _level2  movies, and bring them into _level0
from where they can be manipulated with various options like zoom and
pan.

Thanks a bunch,
J. A.