MS Foundation web presence question

Charlton Purvis cplist at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Nov 29 09:07:54 EST 2005

Hi, folks:

I have been paying attention to the spirited dialog re. yesterday's
announcement.  But I may have missed something along the way, and I have
just taken my first look at the .org site.  If the Foundation is still in
its early stages, who has been working to release what I see here?
http://www.mapserverfoundation.org/mapserver_enterprise/download.html  And
for how long?

I'm still downloading the whopping 125MB demo from here
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=6153839.  Long
gone are small installs.  That site refers to that d/l as AutodeskR
MapServer Studio - Preview, and it's terribly confusing how that relates to
what we're calling Cheetah or Enterprise.  That is, if it is supposed to
relate at all.

And not to belabor the point, the .org website appears to leave little doubt
that there are 2 separate beasts (Cheetah and Enterprise) that already have
names.

Charlton