MS Foundation web presence question

Dean Gadoury dgadoury at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 29 09:57:40 EST 2005

Hi Charlton,

The MapServer Enterprise release you are refering to was developed by
Autodesk. I don't know how long it was in the works, but clearly a while
because it is represents a significant development effort. That
shouldn't be confused with the formation of the Foundation though. That
development was done independently and the code has been contributed to
the community.

The 125MB demo you refer to is the authoring environment for MapServer
Enterprise. It is definitely related to MapServer Enterprise, but not
related to the MapServer (Cheetah) we are familiar with. Studio is
necessary in order to write MSE 'mapfiles' and it allows you to create
publishable applications as well.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Dean