epiphany about the idea of the Foundation

David Bitner osgis.lists at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 29 18:05:29 EST 2005

I think there must be a difference in joining the foundation and in
being a board member of the foundation.

The first must be as open and inclusive as feasible (perhaps a nominal
membership fee to make sure we only include the serious folks).

The board must be made up of folks who represent the various
interests.  The question of what these folks bring to the table should
be addressed by thier peers who elect them to the board.  Sure it
would make sense and there should be  seats on the board that
represent particular interests, but the general membership should be
the ones to put the representatives there.