label rounded with a circle

Andy Canfield andy.canfield at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 30 16:51:38 EST 2005

Here is what I did to put a label on a circle. My Layer definition
looks like this:
                    LAYER
  			NAME "TAPS"
  			METADATA
    			"DESCRIPTION"   "TAPS"
    			"RESULT_FIELDS" "MAP VALUE TYPE"
  			END
  			TYPE POINT
  			LABELITEM "VALUE"
  			STATUS OFF
  			DATA "TAPS"
  			CLASSITEM "TYPE"
  			CLASS
  				TEMPLATE "ttt_query.html"
  				LABEL
      				COLOR  0 0 0
      				FONT fritqat
      				TYPE truetype
      				SIZE 6
      				FORCE true
      				POSITION cc
      				PARTIALS FALSE
    			END
      			EXPRESSION /2$/
    			COLOR  255 255 255
    			OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    			SIZE 12
    			SYMBOL "circle"
  			END
                    END
and my "circle" symbol definition looks like:
                SYMBOL
  			NAME "circle"
  			TYPE ellipse
  			FILLED true