MapTools & Foundation

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at CC.HELSINKI.FI
Wed Nov 30 16:57:55 EST 2005

Hi all,

Where does maptools.org fit into all this?  Is the plan that
libraries like GDAL/Shapelib/etc be then moved over to be the
foundation's projects?

Or going the other way, was a Map Tools Foundation considered?
Seems like it would be a good umbrella for lots of diverse
projects including the two map servers.  The domain's right
there, and I'd hate to see function of maptools.org as a focal
point of open source GIS be split off into two.  (Although, I'm
not sure if the projects on maptools would all care to be
subsumed into a foundation.)

Cheers,

Joonas