Fwd: [gislist] Mxp -> map conversion

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Wed Oct 5 04:52:23 EDT 2005

Dear all,

there is a tool which converts axl to mapfiles written by Primin Kelber
(hello ;-)) who also was on the MUM this year. I'm not sure about the
license ...??

Greets, Till

>> Hi,
>

> Posting this message (from the gislist) to the MapServer and GeoTools
> mailing lists as I think there may be interest within these  communities
> for this tool. An earlier post a couple of months ago  didn't generate a
> single reply, so I may be wrong :-)
>
>> I've developed a tool to export an MXD to an AXL (ArcIMS)
>> configuration file. It works on both ArcMap 8 and 9 and does
>> conversions of all (risky statement...) the symbology of ArcMap (both
>> for vector and raster & truetype symbols on most supported data
>> formats).
>>
>> I have tried to get someone interested in developing an XSL
>> transformation of these AXL files into MapServer map files (or  SLD),
>> but no
>> one reacted unfortunately and I do not have the MapServer knowledge
>> required nor the time to develop these. However, if someone creates
>> such XSL (even starting with something fairly basic) I would be very
>> happy to incorporate the functionality as one of the export formats
>> of the tool.
>>
>> You can find the tool in the ArcScripts section on the
>> support.esri.com website . The tool's name is MXD2AXL
>> Greetings,
>> Jeroen
>>
>> On 26 Sep 2005, at 16:46, Ed Dowding wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks, Jeff, for the useful reply.
>>>
>>> Would anyone be able to help with the conversion? I have just one  file
>>> (about 450k) that needs converting from mxd to .map.
>>>
>>> I have no idea if this is a lengthy process or not, but if it is
>>> obviously
>>> there will be remuneration.
>>>
>>> Please contact me off list if you're interested.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>

>>> Ed.

>>> Ed Dowding                                             ed at usology.com
>>> Usology Ltd                                    http://www.usology.com
>>> =====================================================================
>>> [mob] +44 (0)7775 79 18 14                           [sky] ed_usology
>>> [tel] +44 (0)20 7871 18 14                        (c)2005 Usology Ltd
>>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mit freundlichen Grüssen aus Bonn,

Till Adams

*  released: AmeiN! ArcMap-Export-2-UMN  *
*        LiveLinux 'WebGIS on CD'        *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de