Mapserver 4.6.1 Make problems - mapogr.o

Steve Benzo steve_benzo at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 1 18:49:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to build the latest version of mapserver,
4.6.1. After successfully running configure, I get the
following fatal error when I try to make mapserver:

make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target
`mapogr.o

The only thing that seemed to be off from the
configuration run was the following:

configure: checking HTTPD server (Apache) version...
checking for httpd... /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1
        /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd version is
Apache/2.0.49 ().
Compiling with -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA.
checking compiler warnings... basic

I tried running it without the http and that didn't
seem to work. I'm on a Solaris machine using GDAL 1.2.
Thanks in advance.