installation woes - 256 character limit

Steve Benzo steve_benzo at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 1 18:53:12 EDT 2005

Just thought I'd pass along what I did to get this
working. Turns out the 256 was a limitation of the
korn shell, and by simply switching to the bash shell
(by typing bash) I was able to enter more than 256
characters (and thus successfully configure
mapserver).

Thanks everyone for your help on this.