Mapserver 4.6.1 Make problems - mapogr.o

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Sep 2 16:30:20 EDT 2005

Steve Benzo wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> 1) I verified mapogr.cpp is there in the mapserver
> source directory
>
> 2) How do I check for this?
>
> 3) My make is at /usr/ccs/bin/make. I'm running
> solaris 9. I tried running this using gmake which
> seems to make the file alright (it makes mapserv).

Okay, so the issue was that you were using the Solaris version of Make,
and there is some stuff in the MapServer makefiles that require gmake.
This issue is solved.

> The
> issue is that it doesn't want to run without setting
> some ld_library_path parameters (an oracle and a
> libiconv value).

That's possible if you link with libs that are not in your default lib
path settings.

> After those are set, it will respond
> to the mapserv -v command. However, it gives back a
> 500 error once it's in the cgi-bin directory and run.

Did you look in your Apache error_log to look for hints? It may be that
your Apache config is also missing the ld_library_path settings, that
would explain the problem, and you would see something to that effect in
the error_log.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca