Fwd: Problem with raster and ortho projection

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 6 11:33:09 EDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Diego Savardi <diego.savardi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I'm encountering some problems while trying to draw an entire image of the
> world using orthogonal projection.
>  I use a lat-lon raster image derived from the nasa bluemarble and a
> shapefile of the world countries as layers. I'm working with cgi-mapserver
> 4.6 and also with java mapscript, and with both I have problems.
>  There's something wrong with the image boundary, it seems that mapserver
> draw the raster only when the extent cross the image border, like it's
> trying to maintain square the raster area.. it happens only for the raster,
> the shapefile is drawn correctly (except from some points that fall in 0,0).
>  If I zoom in to fill all the image with the map everything works correctly,
> on the other side if I zoom out just to see the entire globe there's no
> raster image drawn, only the shapefile works.
>
>  With the bluemarble layer I've tried to use also the processing parameters
> LOAD_WHOLE_IMAGE=YES and LOAD_FULL_RES_IMAGE=YES with no results.

Diego,

I *suspect* that your processing parameters were not set properly somehow
when generating the image you attached.  They should ensure that the
correct output is generated (at some potential cost in performance).

I'm not sure what is going on with the vectors zooming to zero.  That
shouldn't happen if failed reprojections are being properly identified
as they should in your case (I think).

I would suggest isolating the problem with a simple mapfile and
"shp2img".  If you can, then pass it on to me and I'll dig in a bit
deeper.  It is possible that there are problems with setting the
processing parameters from mapscript.  If that is the case, we can
dig into that aspect of the problem.

Best regards,