postgis and postgresql for Fedora Linux

Thip thip at AIT.AC.TH
Thu Sep 8 00:24:10 EDT 2005

Dear Matt,

I will check it out. Thanks a lot.

:)
Thip
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew Perry
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:07 AM
  Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] postgis and postgresql for Fedora Linux

  Thip,

  On 9/7/05, Thip <thip at ait.ac.th> wrote:
    Does anyone know which website that I can download package of mapserver with
    postgis and postgresql for Fedora Linux?
    I use FGS but it is not included postgressql.

    If you're using FGS, you can install the FGS postgresql package. For postgis (the spatial data extension to postgresql) you'll also need geos. These three commands should do it if fgs is running properly:

  fgs install postgresql-server:8.0.3 http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules/
  fgs install geos-lib:1.0.0 http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules/
  fgs install postgis-lib:1.0.2 http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules/

  Check the fgs website for more docs and a list of all the avialable packages.
  --
  Matt Perry
  perrygeo at gmail.com
  http://www.perrygeo.net