OGR virtual spatial data

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Thu Sep 8 02:03:00 EDT 2005

Tom,

this depends on your GDAL version. A few months ago Frank did an enhancement for us which added the X and Y columns to the WHERE clause. Before that, yes, all records were fetched.

Also, depending on your ovf file syntax, the driver might get a list of all the tables in the database. I don't know if your schema has many tables in there?

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]" <Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA> 09/08/05 1:13 am >>>
Hi,

I have a MySQL table which I'm connecting to via OGR's virtual spatial
data option and unixODBC.  The table has ~ 2 million records with x and
y columns.  I have setup an .ovf and mapfile accordingly.

When I run shp2img, CPU usage spikes up to 100% and then a core dump
results.  I am running shp2img with an extent which will result in far
less records.

Any idea what's going on here?  Are all the records being fetched BEFORE
the spatial filtering by shp2img?

Thanks

..Tom

Tom Kralidis