SLD PIXMAP Error With How-To Example

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Sep 8 16:33:35 EDT 2005

Not sure what the initial error is but you could check the map file
1126209374-4254.map and see if the inline symbols created reference an
existing png or gif file.

I would also be nice if you could provide a quick was (+ all realted
files) to reproduce this bug. At this point I am not sure how to
reproduce it.

Later,

Jennifer Zeisloft wrote:
> Hello All-
>
> I am starting to play with SLD and am attempting to use an external
> graphic to symbolize a point.  I first tried it with my own external
> graphic, but got the error message:
>
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: loadSymbol(): Symbol of type PIXMAP has no
> image data. in
> *C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php* on line *215*
>
> *Warning*: Failed to open map file
> /ms4w/tmp/sess_4320970788d61/1126209374-4254.map in
> *C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\map_session.php* on line *215*
>
> *Fatal error*: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> *C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\KeyMapDHTML\KeyMapDHTML.widget.php*
> on line *150*
>

> I then tried it with the sld_symbols_external.xml file from the SLD
> How-To document (I changed the layer name, of course) and received the
> same error.  I also tried using PNG instead of GIF - same error.  Can
> anyone offer a hint?  Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Jennifer Zeisloft
> UW Sea Grant

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst