STATUS in LAYER object

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Sep 9 09:46:17 EDT 2005

Gregory Yetman wrote:

> Rather than changing the flag, I think that perhaps the documentation
> just needs some additional info. It's not obvious from the definition of
> STATUS when you should use ON vs. DEFAULT.

Please feel free to help contribute to the documentation, and add what
you think is missing.  http://ms.gis.umn.edu/ allows you to add comments
to the docs (for example you could add a note in the LAYER section of
the mapfile reference)...or I also see that an FAQ exists for your same
issue http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/default_vs_on_vs_off (feel free to
add to it).

There are some versioning differences with the old site's docs and this
one, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

thanks!

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna