STATUS in LAYER object

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Sep 9 09:46:17 EDT 2005

Gregory Yetman wrote:
> Rather than changing the flag, I think that perhaps the documentation
> just needs some additional info. It's not obvious from the definition of
> STATUS when you should use ON vs. DEFAULT.

Please feel free to help contribute to the documentation, and add what
you think is missing. allows you to add comments
to the docs (for example you could add a note in the LAYER section of
the mapfile reference)...or I also see that an FAQ exists for your same
issue (feel free to
add to it).

There are some versioning differences with the old site's docs and this
one, but hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.