STATUS in LAYER object

Fri Sep 9 16:14:46 EDT 2005

With the CGI application all layers are turned off (except those that are
DEFAULT) automatically. Then you must explicitly request layers via
the "layer" or "layers" parameters. Outside of the CGI the value for
STATUS is respected (e.g. shp2img)...

Steve

>>> "J. Parapar" <listario at GMAIL.COM> 09/09/05 10:39 AM >>>
Hello all.

Regarding this ¿what is the difference between STATUS ON and STATUS
OFF? In a CGI request both STATUS seem to have a similar effect, I can
activate the "OFF" layer with the layer paramater in the request. ¿Is
the diffence only in WMS/WFS petitions?

Thanks
Jorge