Truetype symbols won't show up when antialiased

Jared Plunkett jared at IDTSERVICES.COM
Fri Sep 9 16:20:10 EDT 2005

I am having a serious headache. Whenever I try to use truetype symbols with antialias turned on in the symbol file, All I get is a square that is the bounding box for that character filled in with the color I have specified. If I turn off Antialiasing, then the character shows up, but the quality really sucks. Here is an my MapServer information:

MapServer version 4.4.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for quite some time.