Mapscript CGI/WMS Server call discrepancies

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 12 18:51:04 EDT 2005

On 9/12/05, Adam Quiney <aquiney at refractions.net> wrote:
>  Hi Frank,
>
>  Thanks for your reply.  Is there anyway to request that the "old school"
> mapscript request return an image using non-square pixels, in the same
> manner that is carried out when requesting via the WMS request, rather than
> have it grow the image in one direction?
>
>  Ideally I would ensure that the client is always requesting an image size
> and bounding box that met the same aspect ratio, but the framework within
> which I am working makes this very difficult to accomplish..

Adam,

I believe you can add the line:

  CONFIG "MS_NONSQUARE" "YES"

in the map section to enable non-square pixel support in traditional mapserver.
You likely need proper coordinate system support on all the layers though, as
this will force processing through the reprojection interface (don't ask why!).

Best regards,